Wuxia Heroes Fanpage Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss everything under the sun! But no spamming and flaming please

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Martial Odyssey[English Edit]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sjohnb

A Martial Odyssey[English Edit] Empty
PostSubject: A Martial Odyssey[English Edit]   A Martial Odyssey[English Edit] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 1:01 am

Chapter 1: The Mysterious Lady in Yellow Robe

The Eternal Ice Palace was one of the three most influential outer clans in the martial fraternity.

It was located at the top of the misty peaks of the Heavenly Mountains in the far reaches of the northern fraternity. At the top of the Heavenly Mountains was a great lake and it was where the Eternal Ice Palace was said to be located.

The Eternal Ice Palace was forbidden to men so naturally only consisted of women.

The sect leader of the Eternal Ice Palace was the Celestial Fairy. It was not her beauty that lured Yi Ping to the Heavenly Mountains, for she was said to be a ninety year old hag.

The Celestial Fairy was greatly feared in the vicinity and in the martial fraternity.  She was also highly accomplished in her martial skills; a single stroke from her would usually spell the end for her opponent!

It was rumored that she had just passed away after leading the Eternal Ice Palace for the past twenty years.  The news of her death immediately caught the attention of all the pugilists in the fraternity and rumors of her wondrous secret martial arts caught on like wildfire.

Pugilists from all over the fraternity had been making their way north to the forbidden Heavenly Mountains, hoping to lay their hands on the fabulous martial treasures of the Eternal Ice Palace.

Yi Ping had come for that very reason.

There was another reason that drew him into these desolate mountains; witnessing a possible conflict between the martial exponents was even more exciting than the secret martial arts of the Celestial Fairy!

He was young, roving swordsman. He was not from any major clan, orthodox or not. He was just a busybody and like many pugilists took every opportunity to meddle in the affairs of the martial fraternity. Even if he was killed, he had to witness one of the most important events of the martial fraternity, or at the very least, befriend some heroes of the martial fraternity.  It would be even better if he could gain some fame and recognition in the fraternity!

With this in mind, he had set off for the bitterly cold and harsh lands of the north!

On the third day, while walking and whistling, he heard the sound of trees crashing to the ground. At first, he thought nothing of it until the thunderous sound of the trees got louder and louder.

There was an injured middle age man running and tripping onto the ground. When he saw Yi Ping, he immediately cried out, “Young hero, help me!”

Yi Ping responded by drawing out his sword. “Is the man being chased by bandits?” he thought.  “Get behind me!” he shouted at the man running towards him.

A foolish hero usually died young!

Yi Ping was not even thinking of how many bandits were chasing the man. Fortunately, there was only one pursuer and it was a lady dressed in yellow with a veil covering her face.  She had appeared on the horizon and she did not even have a weapon in her hands. Why was this man fleeing from her? From his expression, he seemed to be terrified of her.

Even though the lady in yellow was veiled, he could tell that she must be a beautiful maiden. Her complexion was extremely fair and appeared flawless.  Her eyebrows were thin and delicate and her eyes were sparkling and mesmerizing.

The lady in yellow walked elegantly in a straight line. Even though she appeared to be walking slowly the distance her steps covered was astonishing.  He had never seen anyone move so swiftly yet appear to be taking a stroll!

When a tree blocked her way, she gently kicked the tree and the tree flew off in another direction! She continued to walk towards them.

Yi Ping was astonished and he looked on in disbelief!

An inner strength practitioner might take sixty years of practice to do what she’d done with considerable effort. She did it effortlessly.  He looked into her eyes. She had beautiful and sharp eyes. When he looked into her eyes, she paused and looked back.

His heart was pounding furiously.  Gathering himself, he said, “Lady, why are you chasing him?”

The veiled lady in yellow replied, “Do you know who he is?” Her voice was unmistakably youthful.

Yi Ping was shaken by her reply, “I don’t know who he is. But a man in dire straits requires help.  If I do not help, can I still be considered a man?”
The veiled lady hummed coldly, “He is the Bandit King Yao Duo, a vicious killer of the innocents! Do you still want to protect him?”

The Bandit King Yao Duo was the most brutal man in the martial fraternity in recent years. His was a highly accomplished pugilist.  Even the renowned Eagle
King Yin Tianzheng was not his match! He had gained his renown through sheer notoriety! He had many victims and his evil deeds were too numerous to count! Even the seven major orthodox clans did not dare offend him after their attempts to get rid of him. Moreover, he had many evil cohorts.

Yi Ping was shocked and he turned to the stranger and asked, “Are you really Yao
Duo?”

The middle-age stranger laughed aloud, “Indeed I am! A true hero would never change their name…”

“Good and now you can be a dead hero!” said the veiled maiden as she suddenly kicked Yao Duo in his face and crushed his skull. It happened so fast that Yi Ping was unable to stop her at all.

The veiled lady turned to Yi Ping and said, “If you want a long life, don’t meddle in the affairs of others, especially of those that you don’t know.”

There was a strange expression in her eyes, but at that moment, Yi Ping did not notice it. She said, “If you are thinking of going to the Heavenly Mountains, you are only courting your own death. Even if your martial skills are as good as the Bandit King Yao Duo’s, a cruel fate awaits you in the mountains. Turn back if you cherish your life!” With that, she started to walk away.

Yi Ping rubbed his nose and watched her disappear into the distance. It was as if she had never appeared.

He began to dig a hole in the ground and said, “Even if you are a notorious man, how could I bear to let your body be food for wild beasts and birds when you’ve tried to ask for my help? Since you’ve died, everything should be buried in the earth.”

Unfortunately, Yi Ping had already decided to proceed to the Heavenly Mountains despite the advice that he had been given. He was still young and had nothing but courage in his heart.

No too long after he reached the foot of the Heavenly Mountains, he started to see corpses and abandoned sect emblems littering the mountain road.  It seemed that a fierce battle had taken place not too long ago.  Noticing this, he picked up his pace.  Suddenly hearing menacing voices to one side he sped towards them out of curiosity.

“It seems that this lovely damsel here is in distress and there is no one here to save her.”

“Who’d expect that we’d find such a beautiful woman here?”

“We didn't make it to the Heavenly Mountains in time but we still got ourselves a prize. Hahaha.”

An extraordinarily beautiful maiden, dressed in silky white dress had her back against the cliff face.  She looked badly shaken and was seething in rage and fear. Despite that, her beauty was extremely enthralling.  Yi Ping was stunned by her beauty.  She was like a fairy that had descended to the mortal realm.

In front of her were three men, wielding swords and halberds. From the looks of it, they had already decided to devour this young maiden.

Brandishing his long sword and pointing at them Yi Ping angrily shouted: “What are three despicable men doing here?”

Taken by surprise, the three men quickly turned around and saw a young man standing there. They looked at one another before roaring out loud.

One of the men with a long bushy beard stared at him and said fiercely, “So what are you going to do with us? Kill us? Don’t you know that we are the Three Evils of the West?”

When Yi Ping first appeared there was a glitter of hope in the eyes of the extremely beautiful maiden.  That hope was soon crushed at the mention of the Three Evils of the West.

Yi Ping was taken aback. The Three Evils of the West were renowned in the martial fraternity for their wickedness and brutality! Not only that, they had killed countless highly skilled pugilists as they rampaged through the martial fraternity for the past twenty years! That was why they were greatly feared.

Another man with a mustache laughed, “What! Are you thinking of joining in the fun after we’re done?”

This aroused Yi Ping’s anger. Even if he had to die, he would not abandon the righteousness in his heart.  Eyeing them fiercely with a smirk, he said, “If you scram now, I will be forgiving.”

The third man with a short beard and wielding a halberd suddenly attacked him saying, “Outrageous! I’ll kill you today and cut your body into many pieces!”

Yi Ping was surprised at the speed and ferocity of his attack. He barely managed to parry the attack and was knocked back. Before he could steady himself, he was kicked on the chest and was knocked to the ground.

The short bearded man laughed, “I thought he’s some daring hero. It turns out he’s nothing but an amateur. A sword in your hand is like a worthless piece of metal!”

Yi Ping coughed out blood and wiped his mouth, snarling, “This is not over yet!”  Suddenly, he lifted his sword and pieced the throat of the short beard man while he was still laughing!

When the short bearded man collapsed onto the ground, he was staring at Yi Ping in disbelief! What a swift sword!

Yi Ping had succeeded for two reasons.  His opponent had underestimated him and he had let his guard down.

The other two men were experienced pugilists and after seeing that one of their own had fallen, they dared not be careless and immediately attacked Yi Ping together.  All their strokes were lethal!

They immediately attacked from all directions! There was a saying; two hands would struggle to beat four hands. It was not long before Yi Ping had been pierced in his chest and hacked on his back!

He soon collapsed to the ground, barely taking ten strokes from them.

The man with the mustache, who was the more cunning and vicious of the two, stabbed Yi Ping in his heart.  The man with the long bushy beard asked him angrily, “What did you do that for?  He is already dead!”

The man with the mustache laughed wickedly, “I want to make sure that no one disturbs us later.”

The man with the long bushy beard paused and laughed wickedly, “True, true…” Before he could finish laughing, he was gasping for breath with a dagger in his throat!  When he fell onto the ground, he was still staring at the man with the mustache!

The man with the mustache turned and looked wickedly at the extremely beautiful young maiden.  “Such an extraordinary beauty. You belong to me and there is no one else to share in my enjoyment.”

The young maiden pursed her lips and there were now tears in her eyes.  Suddenly, her alluring eyes were staring in bewilderment.

When the man with the mustache saw her expression, he quickly turned around and got a fright of his life!

The young man that he had just killed was standing in front of him! Before he could react, he felt the cold, metallic length of a sword piercing through his stomach! He died in disbelief!

The young, extraordinarily beautiful maiden nearly fainted from fright asking:  “Are you a ghost or a man?”
Back to top Go down
sjohnb

PostSubject: Re: A Martial Odyssey[English Edit]   A Martial Odyssey[English Edit] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 9:59 am

Chapter 2: The Celestial Fairy

When Yi Ping regained consciousness, he found himself in what seemed to be a dimly lit cave. His first thoughts were that he had already died was in hell.  When he saw that his wounds had been dressed and realized that he was aching from the pain, he knew that he was still alive somehow.

That was because a dead man would never feel pain.

He then noticed there was a small fire which kept the cave warm.  He tried to sit up and that took all his efforts. As he looked in front of him, he suddenly saw the young, extremely beautiful maiden that he had seen earlier. She appeared to be mediating but before he could say anything, her small alluring lips moved as she spoke, “You should rest more. Your wounds are extremely severe and you could lose your life at anytime.”

Yi Ping stared at her dreamily. He could not imagine it was real!  The alluring maiden blushed deeply as she interrupted gently saying, “Why are you staring at me? Don’t you know that is a rude gesture? Who are you?”

Yi Ping was snapped of his trance and he quickly bowed with his hands and said,
“Maiden, I thank you for saving my life from The Three Evils! I, Yi Ping, am in your debt! May I know my benefactor’s name?”

The alluring young maiden said coolly, “They weren’t the Three Evils of the West. They were imposters and their skills were mediocre. If they were really the Three Evils you would’ve died even with your Icy Heavenly Tears Energy protecting you.

Yi Ping was bewildered and asked, “What Icy Heavenly Tears Energy?”

The alluring young maiden was silent for some time before she said, “You can call me Maiden Xian. I need to ask who your protégé master is and why’d you come to the Heavenly Mountains?”

Yi Ping replied, “I have no protégé master. All my skills are self-taught…”

Maiden Xian opened her eyes and interrupted angrily, “Nonsense! I examined your pulse earlier and you emit the Icy Heavenly Tears Energy Pulses. That is what protected your heart from harm. If not, even with ten lives you wouldn’t have survived!”

Yi Ping was astonished and puzzled, “Maiden…this is the first time that I have heard of that name…”

Maiden Xian looked intently at him for a few moments before she said, “Do you know Shui Yichi?”

Yi Ping said, “Maiden, I do not want to lie to you. She was my late mother!”

Maiden Xian was momentarily stunned as she was heard saying in a low voice, “She’s no longer in this world?” She seemed to be shaken by the news before she asked, “How long ago was that?”

Yi Ping was curious as he said, “I have never seen my late mother. She died shortly after giving birth to me. I was brought up as an orphan…” His eyes were tearing as he recalled his sad childhood. “Maiden Xian, did you know my late mother?” he asked.  Pausing he almost punched himself. How could she possibly know his late mother? She looked younger than twenty. He was older than her!

Just as he was recovering from his foolhardy words, she gave him another shock.  
“Indeed! She was my protégé sister. She left the Eternal Ice Palace twenty years ago because of a man. She must have imparted all her martial energy to you when you were born……that explains why I can find our sect’s intricate energy in your meridians…”

Just as he wanted to ask her who she really was, a wicked laughter filled the cave.  A large bulky man with a red beard had just barged in.

The red bearded man laughed, “If not for this fire here, I would never have found this place! What have we here? A loving couple?”

Maiden Xian said, “He is Huo Fu, the Flaming Fist, the leader of the Fire
Tablet Sect. He must be here to look for an opportunity to loot the Eternal Ice Palace.”

Huo Fu laughed, “I didn’t know that I’m so famous even junior pugilists can identify me. Don’t we all have the same motives? I am getting cold and this fire is just perfect!” Suddenly, he took a second look at the dress of Maiden Xian and said, “You are from the Eternal Ice Palace!”

Maiden Xian looked at him hatefully and replied coldly, “That’s right!”

Huo Fu laughed, “Good, good! You have two options. Either you show me the way to the Eternal Ice Palace or be subjected to my merciless torture. I can assure you that I won’t let you die easily.” He took a deep breath before laughing out again, saying: “After all, you are a rare beauty and I won’t let you die that easily.”

Yi Ping was shocked and stood up saying, “The Fire Tablet Sect may not be an orthodox clan but they do have some repute in the martial fraternity. How can you say such a thing?”

Huo Fu had a wicked smile on his face. “Who doesn’t covet the martial secrets of the Eternal Ice Palace? Now that the Celestial Fairy had passed away, legions of pugilists have already made their way here. Among them are several supposed heroes from the orthodox clans. Naturally, they didn’t dare use their real names. Some did not even dare to travel boldly and hid in the shadows for they are men of high repute in the fraternity! When they strike, they’ll have all sorts of excuses like they were passing by and they are righting the wrongdoings of evil men!”

Yi Ping hummed coldly.

Huo Fu looked at him, sensing his hostilities. “I thought you are on my side.
The Eternal Ice Palace is a forbidden ground for men. Surely, you can’t be from the Eternal Ice Palace too?” he asked.

Then Huo Fu clapped his right fist on his left palm as he said, “The intrigues of the martial fraternity are not to be underestimated!”

He pointed his finger at Yi Ping and said, “You must be trying to seduce this young maiden here and almost on the verge of success. You are trying to be the first to sneak into the Eternal Ice Palace right?”

Yi Ping was speechless. He replied coldly, “Senior, you think way too much!”

Maiden Xian looked away. Her cheeks were momentarily flushed by his audacity.
Huo Fu laughed saying, “The young use their wits while the old use their strength!”

Yi Ping was indignant and he raised both his palms to attack Huo Fu. “Senior, be prepared for my attack!” he snarled.

Huo Fu suddenly smiled as he raised both his palms and there was a thunderous clap when both the palms impacted. Yi Ping was sent flying backward, knocking against the wall of the cave and crushing into it!

Maiden Xian had tried to stop Yi Ping as she got up and cried out, “Hold!”

She was too late! It happened too fast! She could see that Huo Fu was an experienced exponent.  He was wary of the martial arts of the Eternal Ice Palace so he used a ruse and had purposely provoked Yi Ping to attack him so he could see what stances the two of them would use.

Huo Fu laughed and said, “Such simpleton! I was expecting some form of secret projectiles. Despite knowing that I am the leader of the Fire Tablet Sect, he still dares to receive my Fiery Palms. I already knew the depth of his martial strength when he attacked me!”

He looked intently at Maiden Xian, “You seem to be smarter than him but your reactions are too slow. That speaks volumes to our strength differences. If your martial skill was on par with mine, you would’ve been able to intercept him.”  
Even though Huo Fu was big, bulky, and seemed to be clumsy and slow witted, he was actually a cunning and experienced exponent! If not, he wouldn’t be able to survive in the treacherous martial fraternity? He would have died a hundred times over!

Maiden Xian had no choice but to nod slowly. Even though she looked composed, she was extremely upset now.

Huo Fu laughed aloud and said, “Now maiden, will you choose to tell me the location of the Eternal Ice Palace on your own accord or will you choose to die a slow death?”

Maiden Xian’s full name was Shui Yixian. She was none other than the Celestial Fairy, leader of the Eternal Ice Palace.  But why was she here? She was supposed to have passed away already? Was she not a ninety- year old woman?

The Icy Heavenly Tears Divine Skill was a secret skill of the Eternal Ice Palace. When the practitioner reached the ninth and last stage, they would cease to age. Unfortunately, every thirty-six years after mastering the last stage, the practitioner’s power would be lost for thirty-six days. In order to regain the lost power, the practitioner would have to relearn the intricate formula of the Icy Heavenly Tears again.

She had attained the ninth stage of the Icy Heavenly Tears when she was eighteen. That’s why she looked eighteen! She was considered a martial prodigy. For hundreds of years, none of the past practitioners had ever reached the ninth stage of the Icy Heavenly Tears before they were fifty and half of them did not even reach the seventh stage of the divine skill. Even her protégé mistress had only attained the ninth stage when she was fifty five years old.

There were only two exceptions. One was her and the other was her oldest protégé sister.

Her protégé mistress had had two other direct protégés. She was in fact the youngest. The oldest protégé sister was Shui Yichi and her second protégé sister was Shui Yisi. Shui Yichi was also a martial prodigy. She had attained the ninth stage when she was thirty. At that time, she was only fourteen years old and had looked up to her oldest sister.  Even though they all shared the same surname, they were not related.  They were orphans who did not even know their parents.  It was customary for the direct protégé disciples of the Eternal Ice Palace to use the clan surname of Shui.  

When she had attained the ninth stage of the Icy Heavenly Tears through sheer hard work and self-cultivation, her second protégé sister became envious and began to plot against her protégé mistress and her eldest protégé sister.  Fortunately, her plot was discovered and her protégé mistress had disabled her martial skills and she was driven out of the Eternal Ice Palace!

This powerful enemy of hers knew that she would lose all her martial power during this period. Who else but her second protégé sister knew the timing of her weakness? Who else but her would spread rumors of her death and stir up the passions of the pugilists in the fraternity regarding the glorious martial secrets of the Eternal Ice Palace?

Fearing for her life and needing a secluded place to regain her lost power, she had picked a cave away from the Eternal Ice Palace to meditate.  The location of the Eternal Ice Palace was well known to her nemesis. She had left her two protégé disciples, Beautiful Sword Fairy, Shui Meijian and Jade Sword Fairy, Shui Yujian in charge while she recuperated in seclusion.  Unfortunately, her two young protégé disciples were highly gifted in martial skills. She was hoping that nothing would go wrong till she returned.  She knew that even if she returned, she would still have to battle countless pugilists who would not give up at this point.

The throngs of pugilists that sought to traverse the Heavenly Mountains did not know the exact location of the Eternal Ice Palace.  They were randomly combing the mountains for clues and a route up to the mysterious Eternal Ice Palace.   Unfortunately, one group of pugilists had found her and she was forced to flee.  That was when she first encountered Yi Ping.

There were only ten more days till she fully recovered he power.  Alas, that day would not come.  While Huo Fu was talking to her, she had already forcefully started to channel all her internal energies into her fingers.  She could temporarily regain half of her power, but she’d surely die from the exertion!  She was already prepared to die!

As soon as Huo Fu stopped speaking, she had attacked him with two of her fingers! Her speed and the wind force that accompanied her fingers thoroughly surprised Huo Fu as he quickly raised his Fiery Palms in retaliation. There was a huge thunderclap as Maiden Xian’s fingers impacted with Huo Fu’s palms.

Huo Fu’s large, bulky body was sent flying backward and out of the cave! He simply could not believe that this young maiden would be capable of such tremendous force!

Maiden Xian coughed out blood, but her focus was still on her enemy. She staggered out of the cave looking for Huo Fu. She could see his large and bulky figure in the distance as he staggered away badly injured.

It was said that the swiftness movement skill of the Fire Tablet Sect, the Fiery
Chaser was one of the epitome movement skills of the martial fraternity. This claim was definitely not a boast. If Huo Fu had not been injured, she might not have even caught sight of him, given the head start that he had.

Not having the strength left to pursue him she staggered back to the cave.  She had forcefully gathered her internal energy and expended her vital energy. It was only a matter of time before she died due to her lack of vital energy!  Her eyes were sorrowful. She didn’t care if she died. She worried that more than a hundred protégés of the Eternal Ice Palace would perish as well! Why was fate so cruel to her?  She staggered to the collapsed wall which Yi Ping had crashed against.

When she had reached him, he was convulsing with blood in his mouth. She straightened him and put her palm at the back of his head. She started to use the last of her vital energies in an attempt to clear his injured channels of any blood clots.

Even though Yi Ping was severely injured and in a daze, he could see that this young maiden had sustained internal injuries and from the looks of it, her condition was critical. She was very pale and if she attempted to treat his internal injuries she would surely lose her life!  That was something that he did not want to see happening!

Looking at her, he had forgotten about Huo Fu. He only remembered that he had lost consciousness for a while after getting hit.  She was beside him when he regained his consciousness.  Yi Ping said weakly, “Maiden, don’t expend your vital energies for me. It is futile. We’re both dying and I don’t wish to see you die before me! Even if you expend all your vital energies for me, my injuries are far too severe.”

Maiden Xian looked at him curiously as she gently said, “If it weren’t for me, you wouldn’t be in such a sorry state. Let fate decide if you can be saved alright.  I am already dying and nothing in this world can save me now. As for you, young hero, you still have a chance to live. So, don’t let it gone to waste…”

Yi Ping was shaking and his eyes were filled with tears as he said, “I don’t want you to die! Why should a kind maiden like you die while I live? I don’t want to live if you die!”

Shui Yixian’s tears flowed down her cheeks as she smiled weakly, “Silly boy! You sound as though we are a…” Her cheeks began to redden for a quick moment as she added, “couple.”  Quickly she added, “If you only knew how old I am, you wouldn’t want me.  Moreover, the only reason I’m saving you is because you’re the son of my eldest protégé sister….”

Yi Ping turned, looked at her gently and said, “You are you. I liked you when I first look at you.”  That came from the bottom of his heart and was his honest thoughts.  When a person was dying and in a daze, they tended to only speak the truth. At this moment, he’d already cast away the severity of his injuries and was speaking from the bottom of his heart.  

Shui Yixian looked into his eyes with deep affection. Bursting into tears again, she cried, “Yi Ping…”  She suddenly began to cast off her iron shell, forgetting that she was the sect leader of the renowned Eternal Ice Palace. She was now a young maiden again, undoing her years of cultivation that had made her cold and emotionless! To her protégés, she had always been the stern protégé mistress.

How could she forget how touched and grateful she had been when Yi Ping saved her from the three wicked men? Just when she thought that she had escaped from an evil fate, another one had suddenly befallen her?

Yi Ping grabbed her hands and said gently, “Since we are both dying, why don’t we become man and wife right here?”

Yixian nodded without hesitation as she wiped the tears in her eyes with her sleeve, “My husband…”

Yi Ping said gently, “My wife…”

Yi Ping held her hand as he bowed and said, “Heavens above, I, Yi Ping, willingly take Maiden Xian as my wife.  Through joys or woes, she will always be in my heart!”

Shui Yixian bowed and said, “Heavens above, I, Shui Yixian, am willing to be Yi Ping’s wife.  Through joys or woes, through all crises, I am forever his wife!”

They bowed three more times and said together, “Heavens and Earth be our witness!”  They collapsed into each others embrace.  Without exchanging another word, they knew that they were now a couple and were content to die in one another’s embrace.  Suddenly, Yi Ping pointed to carvings and drawings on the wall asking, “What are those?”

Shui Yixian opened her eyes and began looking at the wall that he had pointed to. There were many words and drawings on the wall as Yi Ping had said. Her eyes shone as she gasped.  “These are the intricate formulas of our sect’s Icy Heaven Tears and Emerald Divine Skill. Someone must have carved it into the walls of this cave and then sealed it.  We’ve accidentally barged into this sealed section.” she said.  That sealed section was revealed earlier when Huo Fu had sent Yi Ping crashing into it.

Suddenly, Yixian used all her efforts and staggered to the wall. “This ninth stage of the Icy Heavens Tears is slightly different from what I’ve practiced...This one, this one…” Her eyes were beaming with tears.

Yi Ping was curious as he asked weakly, “Is something amiss?”

Shui Yixian nodded.  “This version is more polished than the one that I’ve been practicing.  It seems that someone from our sect has rewritten the intricate formula here.” she said.  She immediately pointed to the carving and words on the wall.  Yi Ping couldn’t understand the carvings on the wall so he replied wryly, “We’re dying now. Even if there’s a divine skill in front of us, we don’t have the time to practice it.”

Shui Yixian said gently, “Maybe others can’t but I can!”

While she’d been speaking to him, she had already memorized and organized all the minute details of the intricate formula in her mind. Normally it would take years of dedicated effort to even grasp the intricate formula and put it into use but Shui Yixian did it effortlessly.

She had immediately identified the true essence of the intricate formula and had found a solution to her loss of power.  She immediately proceeded to sit down in a mediation pose and soon there were three wisps of smoke rising from her head.

She opened her eyes once more and wiped away her beads of perspiration before saying, “Yi Ping, I have recovered half of my internal strength. Let me help you first!”  Before Yi Ping could protest, she had flown to his back and was channeling her vital energies into his body!

Last edited by sjohnb on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sjohnb

PostSubject: Re: A Martial Odyssey[English Edit]   A Martial Odyssey[English Edit] Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 1:51 am

Chapter 3: The Icy Heavenly Tears

“Xian’Er, now that we’ve almost recovered from our injuries, we should leave the mountains and head south. There are many top exponents like Huo Fu that have gathered here. You are from the Eternal Ice Palace and the way home is no longer safe for you. If the pugilists know that you are from the Eternal Ice Palace, they will not let you off,” said Yi Ping.

“Do you really not know who I am?” exclaimed Shui Yixian.

“You are from the Eternal Ice Palace and you are a protégé of the Emerald Mistress,” he replied.

Shui Yixian sighed. It seemed that he really didn’t know that she was the Mistress of the Eternal Ice Palace. But it was not surprising as very few people in the martial fraternity actually knew her real name.

“Surely you’ve heard of the Celestial Fairy?” she asked

Yi Ping smiled and said: “She is the Emerald Mistress of the Eternal Ice Palace. That's what she’s called in the fraternity.”

“I am the Celestial Fairy!  The Celestial Fairy is me!” stated Shui Yixian matter-of-factly.

Yi Ping was shocked. “That can’t be. Xian’Er, you must be playing a joke on me, right?” he asked.  Shui Yixian was solemn and she looked at him intently.  Yi Ping embraced her and said, “It doesn’t matter who you are. All that matters is who you are to me.”

Shui Yixian was touched as she gasped, “Yi Ping…”

Yi Ping said, “Even if we were to die in these Heavenly Mountains, I would still follow you!”

Shui Yixian said lovingly, “The Eternal Ice Palace is renowned for three skills:  The Jade Icy Finger, the Emerald Divine Skill and the Frosty Icicle Swordplay. These skills are not suitable for you.  Even though your internal strength is our sect’s Icy Heavenly Tears, it is not suitable for you to learn these skills.  I can however, teach you how to utilize your martial skills…”

Over the next few days, Shui Yixian helped Yi Ping to refine his martial skills.
Yi Ping was a quick learner.  He had not met a renowned master and most of his skills were picked from the streets and from fighting with thugs.  She explained the meanings behind the stances and taught him to look at various strokes from a different perspective. Even though it was only for a few days, it was like sudden enlightenment to him!

Shui Yixian was surprised at how fast Yi Ping could absorb her teachings. He was diligent and practiced hard while she mediated upon the Divine Emerald Skill.  Three days later, she could completely circulate her vital energies in her meridian channels and had completely regained her martial power.  At the end of the three days Yi Ping saw a rainbow like halo on her head. He was astonished and asked, “Xian’Er, are you alright?”

Shui Yixian smiled and opened her eyes, “Ping’Er, don’t you worry. Not only have
I completely regained my internal strength, but I have also figured out the tenth stage of the Icy Heavenly Tears intricate formula.  I never dreamed that such a stage could exist. This crucial stage could be the key to unlock all the mysteries of the Divine Emerald Skill. The master that left these carvings here must be closely related to our sect,” she said.

She got up and destroyed the carvings on the wall with her palm force. In a few moments, the carvings on the wall were unrecognizable!  “Xian’Er, what did you do that for?” asked Yi Ping in astonishment.

Shui Yixian said, “This knowledge is too dangerous to be left behind, especially with so many pugilists in this vicinity. If it falls into the wrong hands, then it will create a disaster in the martial fraternity.”

Yi Ping silently nodded his agreement.
Back to top Go down
sjohnb

PostSubject: Re: A Martial Odyssey[English Edit]   A Martial Odyssey[English Edit] Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 6:13 am

Chapter 4: The Windless Swordsman

At the lofty peaks of the Heavenly Mountains, more than fifty pugilists from different sects and clans had gathered. There were sect emblems and insignia’s of all kinds. After many difficulties, they had gathered together and there seemed to be an uneasy alliance if any existed at all.

Their goals were all identical and it was the treasures of the Eternal Ice Palace.

Unfortunately, to reach this point, there been many bloody encounters and only the strongest of the countless pugilists who had set out survived. They all knew it and were wary of one another.  

A veiled maiden in yellow was standing apart from the rest. From her eyes and enthralling confident posture, everyone was guessing that she must be extraordinarily beautiful.  No one knew who she really was and quite a few pugilists had tried to get closer to her, but they got more than what they had asked for.

One of them was Young Master Qiu Wufeng, the Windless Swordsman. Who had never heard of the Windless Swordsman? He was in his early thirties and was now ranked as one of the four most prominent young men in the martial fraternity.  This had to do with the fact that his father was the Master of the Qiu Clan. The elite Qiu Clan had been recognized as one of the four most powerful martial clans in the fraternity.

Naturally, the other three renowned young men of the martial fraternity were also from renowned elite or major orthodox clans of the martial!

They were Gongsun Jing, the Benevolent, from the elite Gongsun Clan. Zuo Tianyi, the Heartless Sword, from the Infinity Sword Clan and Nangong Le, the Joyous, from the elite Nangong Clan.

As for Young Master Qiu, his Silence Swordplay was one of the most feared in the martial fraternity, able to come from any direction without the slightest movement.  His swordplay was silent and windless!

Not only that, in his company today, were three equally formidable exponents: Ye Lu the Lightning God, Qiao Feng the Shadow Kicker and Lu Baiyun the Heartless Scholar!  Ye Lu the Lightning God and Qiao Feng the Shadow Kicker were old men who had found fame a long time ago. That they chose to be in the company of Young Master Qiu Wufeng was proof of his clan prestige and renowned!

Lu Baiyun the Heartless Scholar was in his early forties. Even though he was younger than the Lightning God and the Shadow Kicker, he was a prominent swordsman.  At the age of eighteen he defeated the protégé master of the Ironclad Clan, one of the seven major orthodox clans!  

Young Master Qiu Wufeng approached the yellow dressed maiden and greeted her. “I am Qiu Wufeng, the Windless Swordsman. Maiden, may I have the honor of knowing your name?” he asked.

What followed was a slap across his face!  It happened so fast that he could not even react!  The yellow dressed maiden said softly: “If you do not want any further humiliation, I suggest you move away from me.”

Young Master Qiu Wufeng was stunned. He was a handsome and dashing man. Very few women could ever resist him, let alone embarrass him like that! He showed his displeasure with his eyes! He swore that he would make her pay!

The Heartless Scholar, Lu Baiyun stepped in and said: “Maiden, you have offended our young master. Do you think you can get away with it so easily?”

The yellow dressed maiden hummed coldly and it seemed that she did not care.

There was strong malevolent aura coming from the Lightning God and the Shadow Kicker as well. It was not easy for anyone who offended them to get away scot-free.  The Heartless Scholar laughed, “Either you apologize to our young master and accompany him for a few days or you’ll be terribly sorry,” he said.

The yellow dressed maiden looked at the Heartless Scholar in his eyes and said:  “What if I don’t?”

The Heartless Scholar said sternly: “Then forgive me for what will happen next!”

All of a sudden, he was interrupted by laughter that came from the Clan Chief of the Six Rivers, Long Wudi. “You are a renowned figure in the martial fraternity. If this matter gets out, that you used your martial skills to harass a young lass, won’t you be a laughing stock? I am not worried about you, but about the reputation of the Qiu Clan!” he said.  Even though Long Wudi might not be able to defeat the Heartless Scholar, his words were like an arrow piercing the heart.

Young Master Qiu thundered sternly: “Let’s go!”

A young man from among the pugilists laughed coldly, “To think that the reputable Qiu Martial Clan is also interested in the treasures of the Eternal Ice Palace. What laudable action. He is also a womanizer…”

But before he could finish, the Heartless Scholar had sprinted up to him and delivered two tight slaps!  His swiftness skill was so astonishing that more than half of the pugilists couldn’t help but gasp in awe of it!  The Heartless Scholar said: “Know this; our young master had originally wanted to visit the Emerald Mistress to receive instruction and to pay his respects!  This is a small lesson for insulting our young master!”

Suddenly, an old man attacked the Heartless Scholar with his fists.  He was startled by the wind force of the fists and he quickly stepped backwards.  He could not recognize the old man and asked, “Senior, who are you?”

The old man laughed and said: “I have long retired from the martial fraternity.  However, I am not afraid to say that I intend to demolish the Eternal Ice Palace on my own!”

Quite a few pugilists from the crowd laughed at his boast.

The Lightning-God sighed, “Maybe we shouldn’t be here. Only Tian Kui is able to execute the Beholder Hands and push back the Heartless Scholar with a single strike.”

The faces of the pugilists turned ashen at the mention of Tian Kui.

Tian Kui was the number one heretical exponent ten years ago. The bloodshed that he had caused was immeasurable. During his time, there were three other powerful major orthodox clans, the Divine Sword, the Hexagon Spear and the Hyperion Clan.  These clans had been completely annihilated by him.  It was said that ten years ago, he brought his rampage to the Eternal Ice Palace.  No one knew the result of that secret duel with the Emerald Mistress. Everyone had assumed that he had lost and been killed! It seemed otherwise now!

Tian Kui laughed. “I must be getting old. Even a junior can so easily avoid my strike,” he said.  

The Heartless Scholar paid his respects with his hands and said, “That is only because you stayed your hand Senior.  If not for that, I wouldn’t have had the chance to back off.”

Tian Kui roared with laughter and said: “Good! At least you respect your elder. I am actually spoiling for a fight.” It was true. When he saw the Heartless Scholar displaying his skills, he had wanted to spar with him.

The Heartless Scholar turned ashen, “Senior, you….”

Tian Kui pointed at the Lightning God and the Shadow Kicker and said: “You and you, all of you can fight me at the same time. I want to see if my skills have improved…”

But before he could finish, he had suddenly frozen.

Everyone looked in the direction that he was looking at and caught sight of two strangers walking towards them.

One was a young man. He was handsome and had a refined and noble air about him.  The other was a young maiden with long black flowing hair. She was so beautiful that she seemed like a heavenly fairy that had decided to grace the mortal realm. When she saw the pugilists and smiled slightly, all the pugilists’ hearts skipped a beat and they all thought, “Did she just smile at me?”

When the maiden in yellow saw Yi Ping, her heart skipped a beat.  She thought, “Why is he here? And why is he with her?” That day, after they had met, she had secretly observed and saw him burying the villainous bandit king. She had observed him for a while before she left. With his abilities, she had doubted he could even cross the lofty peaks of the Heavenly Mountains. She had never been moved by a man before and was constantly worried if he would survive the trek. Now when she saw him, she was comforted.  She was also highly displeased.  That was because…

Tian Kui was shaking all over. Why was he trembling? Was he trembling with joy and moved by the sight of this heavenly maiden?

Quite a few pugilists immediately thought that even though Tian Kui was old enough to be her grandfather, he was still a lecher after all.

Tian Kui looked at Shui Yixian and asked: “Is it really you?”

Shui Yixian’s alluring eyes looked at Tian Kui and said softly: “Yes, it’s me!”

Everyone was taken aback. Was Tian Kui acquainted with her?

Tian Kui trembled uncontrollably.  “All these years and you have not changed. I have grown even older. Since back then, I have trained my skills non-stop. I practiced twelve hours daily and now my level of expertise has reached a level that even you could not imagine!”  He paused for a while before saying:  “I have come for you. Today, no matter what, I have to take you as my wife and if you lose to me, you have to come with me!”

Ten years ago, Tian Kui had challenged the Celestial Fairy and was soundly defeated. His spirit was crushed and since then, he had trained every single day, hoping to challenge her again and defeat her!

He had never seen any maiden as elegant and noble as her. It was love at first sight. When he had been defeated by her, he was thoroughly shamed. Unable to cope with the defeat, he had thought of ending his own life. But when he thought that he might still have a chance, he resolved to train his abilities to perfection so that he could once again challenge her and win her heart.

When he had heard that she had passed away, he was so upset that he had to come to the Heavenly Mountains and have a look.  He was trembling uncontrollably because she was still alive! He could still fulfill the desires that he had dreamed of every single night since his defeat!

Suddenly, Tian Kui roared aloud was filled with power. His shout was so terrifying that the pugilists were all forced to take a couple of steps back!  As soon as he quieted down, he suddenly attacked the heavenly maiden!  Everyone was stunned and confusion immediately broke out from among the pugilists! They had thought that Tian Kui and the heavenly maiden were acquaintances! They immediately feared for the heavenly maiden.  Every punch, every fist by Tian Kui had so much martial force that he could easily smash the rocks into powder!

Instead of dodging his attacks, the heavenly maiden received his attacks.  She countered his fists with her palms and his palms with her fingers! In that moment, Tian Kui had struck at least twenty times and each of his blows could have incapacitated his target!  The heavenly maiden countered all his blows and retaliated.  She had struck Tian Kui on his head with her finger and had struck his chest with her palm!

It happened so fast that most of the pugilists could only see Tian Kui flying backwards and coughing out blood! There was a red mark on his forehead and his chest seemed to have been burnt by the heavenly maiden’s palm!  The result was a shock as no one expected Tian Kui to be beaten back in a split second!

Tian Kui wiped the blood from his mouth as he got up saying:  “This is not over yet.  I have not yet used my best skills…”  However his voice was shaken. He had never expected himself to be beaten back in such an effortless manner! It was exactly what had happened ten years ago…

Young Master Qiu Wufeng had also been captivated by this heavenly maiden and was eager to make her acquaintance.  He stepped in and asked Tian Kui:  “Old Senior, there must surely be some misunderstanding here. Why are you attacking this maiden?”

Tian Kui laughed saying:  “You still do not know who she is? All of you are here today to attack the Eternal Ice Palace and yet you don’t know who she is? What a joke!”

Turning he said to Shui Yixian, “I am the only exception!”

Qiu Wufeng asked:  “Can Old Senior please enlighten us?  We really do not know who she is.”  He too, was curious about her identity.

Tian Kui laughed and said:  “She is the Celestial Fairy! She is none other than the Emerald Mistress of the Eternal Ice Palace!”

Everyone was taken aback. How was it possible? She was supposed to be dead and she was supposed to be an old woman?

Shui Yixian smiled coldly at the pugilists saying:  “That’s right. Under the gaze of the Celestial Fairy…” She paused and suddenly, there was a cold, malevolent killing aura that radiated from her as she slowly said:  “There…are…no…survivors!”

All of a sudden, she swung her sleeves and multiple secret projectiles flew in all directions! Those who were unable to dodge were either killed or maimed on the ground!

Young Master Qiu Wufeng had barely dodged her secret projectiles when the Lightning God and the Shadow Kicker sprinted in front of him.  The Lightning God shouted to everyone, “If we don’t fight her now, sooner or later, we’ll all be killed!” With that he raised his fists at the Celestial Fairy.

All of a sudden, the pugilists remembered the legend of the Eternal Ice Palace.  The Celestial Fairy spared no one that dared to intrude upon her forbidden grounds. If they wanted to live, they had to fight! But some of the pugilists who had survived her secret projectiles were secretly waiting for the others to attack her while they seized the opportunity to run!

When Yi Ping saw the Lightning God and the Shadow Kicker approaching to attack Shui Yixian, he stepped in and interrupted them!  The Shadow Kicker said to Yi Ping, “Outrageous! If I don’t incapacitate you within ten moves, I am not the Shadow Kicker!”

The Lighting God said to Qiao Feng, the Shadow Kicker, “You are more than enough for this lad! I will go and help the Heartless Scholar!”

Shui Yixian hastily cried out to Yi Ping:  “Ping’Er, be careful.”

Even before she had finished speaking, she was attacked from all directions by the Heartless Scholar, Tian Kui, Long Wudi and the rest of the pugilists.

Only Young Master Qiu and the maiden in yellow did not make any moves yet.

Qiao Feng, the Shadow Kicker was renowned for his powerful shadow kicks. He gave Yi Ping a series of kicks in one continuous attack.  Yi Ping had never seen so many kicks moving so fast in his life before.  He tried to parry with his sword, but he could not avoid the many kicks that struck him on his forearms and legs.  Qiao Feng was kicking relentlessly. He knew that no one could survive his powerful kicks if they kept defending. They would only get themselves seriously injured as their strength quickly drained away!

Yi Ping barely avoided having his face smashed by Qiao Feng’s kick.  He was already fighting frantically while Qiao Feng was relaxed and only appeared to have kicked five times.  Qiao Feng said, “This is the sixth move!”  Yi Ping was faltering and he could feel his strength draining away.  At the same time he was wholly fascinated by Qiao Feng’s martial abilities.

All of a sudden, Yi Ping started to display the Shadow Kicks as he kicked back at Qiao Feng!  Momentarily stunned, Qiao Feng asked:  “Where did you learn that?”

Yi Ping hummed coldly and replied, “I just learnt it!”

“That’s impossible!” shouted Qiao Feng angrily.  He was now kicking faster and faster, even displaying several secret techniques that hid a kick within a kick. In an outburst of few strokes, he had unleashed dozens of shadow kicks!

Yi Ping’s heart was pounding as he got more and more fascinated with the Shadow Kicks Skill. He had never known a renowned master or had the personal experience of witnessing an epitome upper level skill like the renowned Shadow Kick!  Unconsciously, he had begun to practice the Shadow Kick as though someone had been instructing him!  He began to kick furiously, improvising the Shadow Kicks as he went along.

Qiao Feng was now breaking into a cold sweat in the cold weather. He had expended a huge amount of power and was surprised that an inexperienced pugilist like Yi Ping could hold on for so long and was even matching him kick for kick, with some moves that were even better than his own!

Before long, Qiao Feng legs were hurting! He could not believe that this young man could even match his decades of dedicated foundation! Moreover, how was it possible for this lad to know the Shadow Kick Skill? Even an experienced pugilist could not kick as well as him; much less repeat the kicking feat of his shadow kicks!  Qiao Feng suddenly said:  “The Mirror Reflection Skill! You’re using the Mirror Reflection Skill?!”

The Mirror Reflection Skill was a skill, rumored in the fraternity, to replicate the skills of others.  Yi Ping was not listening.

His eyes were glowing as he looked intently at Qiao Feng’s kicks! A normal young man would have fallen long ago even if he could parry a kick from Qiao Feng!  Yi Ping was so fascinated with the Shadow Kick Skill that he was fully concentrated on it.  He was so engrossed that he wasn’t even aware that he was in pain.  He also wasn’t aware that with his present fortitude and limitations, he could not possibly accomplish these kicks without practicing.  Unknowingly he had done the impossible and transcended his limits.

This had to do with the fact that Yi Ping had a natural ability to memorize any moves that he saw.  Indeed, most of his martial moves that he had picked up were from watching others fight.  This also had to do with the superb instruction that he received from Shui Yixian while in the cave.  He was also somewhat protected by the Icy Heavenly Tears and this was coupled with his natural ability to endure pain.

Shui Yixian had said:  “A fist for a fist, a kick for a kick. That is a basic martial foundation.  Fighting is about dismantling strokes until you can find a solution to completely overcome your opponent. When an opponent attacks, they will expose openings.  Most pugilists in the martial fraternity are eager to prove their superiority by attacking.  Adopting defense is also the best offense to defeat these opponents.”

She added, “I am going to teach you the intricate formula of the Listening Rhythm. This will allow you to follow the breathing and movements of your opponents much easier.”  Shui Yixian was delighted that Yi Ping was able to learn the Listening Rhythm without any trouble. Normally, this skill requires years to master and perfect…

Yi Ping did not know how to overcome Qiao Feng. Instead of utilizing the Listening Rhythm Skill to follow the moves of the opponent and finding an opportunity to attack, Yi Ping used his natural ability for memorizing to kick back at Qiao Feng.  If Qiao Feng was not so powerful, Yi Ping would never have been forced into the desperate act of pushing his own limitations to keep himself alive.

When Qiao Feng saw him repeating his Shadow Kicks, he changed his kicking stances to breech his kicks. But he was also unwittingly showing Yi Ping how to counter his own Shadow Kicks with each new move!  Yi Ping was also unconsciously learning the Shadow Kicks and using his gut feeling to look for an opening. When he finally saw an opening, he kicked Qiao Feng directly in his face with tremendous impact!

Both Qiao Feng and Yi Ping fell to the ground at almost the same time.  Qiao Feng was the one being struck?  What about Yi Ping?  Even though he had not taken a direct hit from Qiao Feng, he had taken serious injuries to his non-vital areas. Moreover, he was both mentally and physically drained by the pace Qiao Feng had set during the fight.  He fell to the ground drained of all his strength.

With Qiao Feng’s experience and prowess, if he had remained calm and restrained his anger, it would’ve been impossible for Yi Ping to gain an upper hand over him. When he saw Yi Ping replicating his Shadow Kicks, he became indignant. When he got hit, his rage and emotions attacked his heart and he fainted!  

Even though Shui Yixian was fighting several opponents at the same time, she had kept a watchful eye for Yi Ping.  Her movements had been restricted because of that and only the weaker pugilists had fallen.  When Yi Ping had won the duel with Qiao Feng, she was relieved and also happy.  She was happy because with Yi Ping’s present progression, it was not possible to defeat a top martial exponent like Qiao Feng.  He had done the impossible!  Her distraction had emboldened her opponents!

The Lightning God said:  “We can defeat her!”

Even though Shui Yixian was fighting more than ten top exponents from the martial fraternity at the same time, including Tian Kui, her movements were still graceful as she met them stroke for stroke and move for move. No one could’ve imagined that she could manage against so many moves from different directions at the same time!

Any experienced pugilists could see that she was now on the defensive and would be exhausted and beaten in no time!  That was why the Lightning God had encouraged the others to put more effort into attacking her!

Tian Kui took another blow in his chest. He took a deep breath and raised his again before joining the fray again!  They were using a wolf pack tactics to bring her down as they attacked and retreated at the same time.

Shui Yixian was being attacked from all directions.  Her power wasn’t sufficient enough to deal more serious impact on the stronger exponents.  Moreover, she had not had a chance to take a breath!

The Lightning God raised his power to its zenith and unleashed the Lightning Hand Skill with his palm, but he was knocked back when Yixian struck his palm with her finger.  He shouted:  “I have finally witnessed the Jade Icy Finger. Excellent! The skills of the Eternal Ice Palace are indeed powerful!”

Long Wudi stepped back from the fray and said:  “This is not a real duel at all. There are so many of us against a single woman. This is not honorable to me.  I bid you farewell!  Today, I have witnessed the skills of the Eternal Ice Palace and still live.  That is something I shall be proud of!” With that he left.

No one could spare any strength to say a formal goodbye to him or to force him to stay. That was because this battle required all their attention. A moment’s distraction would mean instant death!

The Heartless Scholar displayed his Whirling Sword techniques while cursing silently. He could not believe that an unarmed person could avoid his Whirling Sword so easily.

Shui Yixian was astonished at the sudden speed and intricate strokes of the Whirling Sword.  This forced her to raise the level of the Divine Emerald Skill.  With her left finger she deflected the onslaught of the Heartless Scholar as she evaded the other opponents at the same time.  Suddenly, she reached out towards his blade with her fingers and snapped his sword in half!  The Heartless Scholar hastily took a few steps backwards.  He couldn’t believe that anyone could break his precious sword with their fingers!

It seemed that the Celestial Fairy’s power had suddenly increased!  Everyone had expected her defense to break down seeing as Tian Kui was still attacking her relentlessly.  A weird thing had happened.  Instead of weakening, the Celestial Fairy’s strength appeared to have suddenly increased. Why was that?  It was because Shui Yixian could not focus on the fight while worrying about Yi Ping. When Yi Ping had defeated his opponent, she was able to fully focus her attention on the duel at hand!

All the pugilists were astonished and another three pugilists fell in the battle.  Only seven pugilists were still standing. Among them, only Tian Kui, the Heartless Scholar and the Lightning-God had suffered minor injuries while the remaining four were all seriously injured!

More than twenty corpses were now lying on the ground!

Young Master Qiu was watching the fight intently. He saw how a group of thirty pugilists had surrounded and attacked her from all directions.  Very slowly, the number of pugilists had dwindled to less than ten.  The pugilists in the fight did not take note of their dwindling numbers as their attention was completely on the fight.  Any small distraction could be fatal!

No matter how intriguing and powerful her opponents’ attacks were, the Celestial Fairy patiently dismantled and neutralized it without any expression on her beautiful face.

When the Celestial Fairy’s attacks increased, Young Master Qiu immediately noted the number of dead and feared for the Lightning God and the Heartless Scholar. If the Celestial Fairy were to win, they might not live.  If Tian Kui were to win, that merciless villain might not let them live either!

When he’d heard the rumors of the Celestial Fairy’s death, he had correctly assumed that quite a few pugilists might seize the opportunity to make trouble for the Eternal Ice Palace. At the end of the day, it would be better if the secret martial arts of the Eternal Ice Palace were to fall into his hands than into some villainous hands. That’s why he had asked his father to lend him three top exponents that were guests of the Qiu Clan.

The Lightning God, the Shadow Kicker and the Heartless Scholar were considered as elite fighters in the martial fraternity. Moreover there were three of them.  He had not expected to find Tian Kui here. Nor did he anticipate that the death of the Celestial Fairy to be just a rumor; unless of course this maiden had been lying.  Her moves were seasoned and executed with great finesse.  Only someone who had years of practice and progression could do it.

Suddenly, Young Master Qiu shouted:  “Uncle Lu, Uncle Ye. Let’s go now!”  Why did he order a sudden retreat?  It was because he had suddenly seen a dozen maidens approaching in the distance!  Those maidens looked beautiful from afar, but they were like roses with hidden thorns.  They could only be from the Eternal Ice Palace. With the number of top pugilists down to just a few, any hope of assaulting the Eternal Ice Palace was lost.  Moreover, the Celestial Fairy might not be the only top exponent from the Eternal Ice Palace.

Young Master Qiu was still young, but a lot wiser than most. He did not want to die at either the hand of the Eternal Ice Palace or Tian Kui. So what else could he do?  Turning to the maiden in yellow he said:  “Maiden, I suggest that you escape with me too!  Things are not looking good and you’ll be safe in our company till we reach a safer place.”

The maiden in yellow looked at him with her beautiful eyes and whispered softly:   “How do you know that I am not from the Eternal Ice Palace myself and that I will not kill you?”

All of a sudden, Young Master Qiu turned ashen and he immediately fled!  The maiden in yellow made no move.

The Heartless Scholar and the Lightning God heard the command issued by Young Master Qiu. They were sweating and breathing heavily. This fight had been a tough one for them. So, when they heard that Young Master Qiu had ordered them to retreat, they had already made up their minds to seize an opportunity to leave.

The Lightning God was the first to disengage from the battle and his first thought was about his friend the Shadow Kicker.  Had he fallen?  The Lightning God was dismayed to see the Shadow Kicker on the ground.  He inspected him for signs of life and was glad that he was still breathing.  He said:  “Old friend, hold on!  You’re still alive!” He picked the Shadow Kicker up and carried him on his shoulder.

The Heartless Scholar was next, but not until he had taken a crashing blow to his chest!  He threw up blood and barely avoided a second blow.  Tian Kui had indirectly saved his life when he attacked the Celestial Fairy with a vicious claw! The Celestial Fairy simply flung him to the side with the wind force generated by her sleeve!

With only two opponents left, the Celestial Fairy was able to regain her breath now and with that her internal strength!  Her strokes became more and more powerful and intricate, growing in complexity and were harder to avoid!

He barely fled, when he took another look at the scene.  Only Tian Kui and the Celestial Fairy were still fighting.  He was trembling with fear.  This was the first time he had known fear!  Only after he left the battle, did he realize how frightening the martial levels of the Celestial Fairy were!

At the same time, Yi Ping had barely regained consciousness and was struggling to get to his feet, as his body was still gripped by excruciating pain. His body had taken a lot of punishment he had over-extended his physical limits.

Tian Kui laughed and said to Shui Yixian:  “Very good. Now it’s just the two of us!”  All of a sudden, his body seemed to grow even more muscular and bigger as he struck the left and right accupoint channels on his chest.

Shui Yixian raised her thin eyebrows slightly.  “The Unholy Possession Skill?” she asked.

Tian Kui laughed and said:  “That’s right! I didn’t think that you’d recognize it!”

The Unholy Possession Skill was used by heretical sects three hundred years ago. It was an evil skill that could sap away the opponent’s power while boosting one’s own power.

Tian Kui had reserved the use of this epitome skill to the very end.  That was because while this skill could boost his power immensely, it was also a skill that could drain away all his internal power. He had waited until the Celestial Fairy had expended a considerable amount of internal strength as she fought.  Now was the time to use it.

Shui Yixian had no choice but to raise her power to fight Tian Kui.  She raised the power of the Divine Emerald Skill to the ninth level; her highest level.  Even with the force generated by the Divine Emerald Skill, she could still feel her strength being sapped away as Tian Kui landed blow after blow on her.  Each time her fingers met his palms, her fingers would tremble slightly.

Tian Kui was surrounded by a force that rendered normal strikes useless.  This battle would not be decided by martial techniques and strokes but by sheer power!

Yi Ping saw that Shui Yixian and Tian Kui were fighting one another so furiously that they were like shadowy images moving all over the place.  He wanted to go over to help her, but there were constant burning wind force that was generated by their attacks that swept everything to the ground!  There was simply no way to approach the two of them!

Tian Kui attacked even more furiously than before as he gained more and more strength.  All of a sudden, he turned his palm strikes into claws and tore away Shui Yixian’s sleeves.  He laughed saying, “Even though the martial arts of the
Eternal Ice Palace are epitome, they are without their weaknesses!  I would like to see you fighting without clothes on!”

Shui Yixian was indignant, but she kept her cool. Instead of trying to land strikes on her, Tian Kui was aiming at her long dress and sleeves, attempting to destroy her modesty, which was a lot easier!  

Soon Tian Kui had ripped her sleeves, revealing her white porcelain skin.  Tian Kui could feel her attacks falter as she was concerned about her modesty.  He could see that her ears had turned red even though she was still expressionless.

Tian Kui grabbed her dress and tore part of it away.

Shui Yixian cried out:  “You are a beast! Outrageous!”  All of a sudden, Shui Yixian took a few steps back and coughed out blood.  She was really upset and that had caused her blood flow to reverse.

Emotions were a taboo to the practitioners of the Icy Heavenly Tears.  That was why the Eternal Ice Palace had no men and its protégés spent their time refining their skills through mediation.

Tian Kui knew that he had succeeded and he quickly sprinted towards her to disable her.  He muttered, “I have finally won…”

Suddenly, the maiden in yellow, who had been watching, appeared behind him and struck a fatal blow to his head!

Tian Kui simply could not believe that anyone could approach him without him knowing!  Moreover, the burning wind force generated by the epitome skills of the Divine Emerald Skill and the Unholy Possession Skill were still present and had not died down yet.  It was not possible for anyone to interfere in the duel unless that person possessed uncanny power!

Tian Kui did not believe anyone else could possess that level of martial and it was precisely why he was not on guard.  That was when the maiden in yellow had approached him from behind and had in delivering a fatal blow!

Even more astonishing was that Tian Kui was protected by a huge amount of force. Even when he was hit by the Celestial Fairy, he could still continue fighting.  When he died his eyes were still open and staring in disbelief!

Yi Ping was astonished too, even though he had witnessed her martial power before.

Shui Yixian had seen the maiden in yellow approaching Tian Kui and was surprised that she could move though the potent wind force with ease.  She could not believe that the yellow dressed maiden had actually killed Tian Kui with just one blow!

Shui Yixian said gratefully:  “Maiden, thank you.  If not for you, my modesty would’ve been destroyed…”  She was extremely grateful. She had almost thought that it was all over.  “May I know your name, maiden?” she asked.

The yellow dressed maiden replied coldly:  “You don’t have to be grateful to me.  This beast fought dirty and I didn’t want you to die in such a pathetic manner…”

All of a sudden, the maiden in yellow dealt Shui Yixian a blow over her heart!  She was sent her flying backwards!

Shui Yixian was completed caught off-guard.  She never expected someone who had just assisted her to attack her! When she had raised her fingers to raise the Divine Emerald Skill, it was too late. The force that struck her heart was the same as the one that had been used on Tian Kui!

Even though the battle between Tian Kui and the Celestial Fairy had stopped some time ago, the potent winds from the battle had not ceased yet.  Yi Ping had to crawl toward Shui Yixian as he cried out:  “Xian’Er! Are you alright?!”

Grabbing hold of Shui Yixian’s hands, he asked again:  “Xian’Er, are you alright?”  Shui Yixian could not reply, but she smiled weakly.  She knew that the blow had been fatal and she could feel her life slipping away.

Yi Ping pointed at the maiden in yellow.  “We are not your enemies. Why did you suddenly attack Xian’Er?!” he cried.

The yellow dressed maiden asked:  “You know her well? Do you know that she is the Celestial Fairy?”

Yi Ping laughed aloud and said, “How would I not know? She is my wife!”

The yellow dressed maiden was startled.  “Your wife? Do you know that she is actually a ninety-year old woman? She has reached the highest level of her internal arts and she cannot age.”

Yi Ping said hatefully to her:  “How would I know? Why should I care? I love her and only her.  I don’t care about any other things! How vicious you are!”

The maiden in yellow was startled and she replied coldly, “I am vicious? Do you know that this woman in front of you is capable of killing anyone without batting an eyelid? If I am vicious then she is even more vicious!”

Yi Ping cried out, “No matter if she is the most vicious woman under the heavens, she is an angel in my heart. She is the kindest hearted maiden that I have never known. She is my dear wife and we swore to go through woes and joy together!”

Shui Yixian was crying now as she gasped, “Ping’Er…”

Even the maiden in yellow seemed to be moved as her eyes turned watery.  She said coldly, “Before you die, I will tell you the truth so that you will die in peace. I am the grand-daughter of Shui Yisi!”

Yixian was startled even though she had expected her enemy to be Shui Yisi.  “Where is Shui Yisi?” she gasped.

The maiden in yellow replied coldly, “She died five decades ago. You have no idea when she had died, she was still bitter and filled with hatred towards you. That curse did not end with her. My mother was also afflicted by her bitterness.  Her whole life was dedicated to pursue a means to end your life. That bitterness did not end with her death. She had passed on that bitterness to me. All my life, I have only known a purpose. That is to kill you.”

Shui Yixian could sense cold bitterness in her tone. Indeed, she could imagine her sufferings. If this maiden had not suffered a great deal of ordeal, she would never have reached the level of martial arts needed to injure her. She could imagine that her mother went through an even greater ordeal to realize her daughter’s martial accomplishments.  Therefore she could only weakly say:  “Yi Ping, when I am gone, don’t avenge me. You are not her match.” She looked at the maiden and said weakly, “I hope that you can spare him…”

The maiden in yellow coldly said:  “You were my only target.”

Shui Yixian said, “Good…I hope my death will bury all these feuds between us.”

Suddenly, a dozen maidens dressed in light blue descended around them and were crying, “Protégé Mistress! What exactly happened?”

The maiden in yellow hummed coldly and began to walk away.

Shui Yixian said weakly and said to a young maiden who was holding her, “Yu’Er, I am dying now. When I am dead, bury me in the ice casket at the inner sanctuary that I have prepared…”

Yu’Er, who was the Jade Sword Fairy, Shui Yujian, cried out:  “Protégé Mistress, you will never die! Who did this to you? I will slice them into a million pieces!”  Seeing Yi Ping she said, “Is this the filthy man that did it?”  She was about to stab him when Shui Yixian interrupted anxiously, “He is…my husband.”

Shui Yujian was shocked and so were the others.

Shui Yixian said, “He is to be the next protégé master of the Eternal Ice Palace. You and Mei’Er are to serve him faithfully in my stead…”

She smiled weakly and closed her eyes.  “Ping’Er, you have to live on…” she gasped.

Yi Ping cried out:  “Xian’Er! Xian’Er...Don’t leave me!”

Shui Yixian did not and could not reply anymore.

Yi Ping trembled and fainted.  The shock of witnessing his wife dying right in front of him was too much for him to bear…
Back to top Go down
Magic
Admin
Magic

PostSubject: Re: A Martial Odyssey[English Edit]   A Martial Odyssey[English Edit] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 4:33 pm

I really could not resist posting to say, well done~~~ 

I havent got the time to read carefully yet but will do soon~~

Thanks sjohnb~~ much better than mine english xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Martial Odyssey[English Edit]   A Martial Odyssey[English Edit] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Martial Odyssey[English Edit]
Page 1 of 1